Description and Qualifications
The Transamerica companies offer a wide array of innovative financial services and products with a common purpose: to help individuals, families, and businesses build, protect and preserve their hard-earned assets. With more than a century of experience, we have built a strong reputation on solid management, sound decisions and consumer confidence. The Transamerica companies are wholly-owned subsidiaries of AEGON N.V., an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company based in The Hague, the Netherlands. AEGON has businesses in over twenty markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia serving over 40 million customers across the globe.For more information, visit
Transamerica's Life & Protection (L&P) division provides operations, information technology, legal, marketing, and finance support to internal agents and independent producers who market the companies' life insurance, health insurance, long-term care insurance, marketing services, and investment products. We are committed to enhancing financial results through creativity, innovation, risk management, and service while treating our policyholders, employees, and other customers with integrity and respect. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and the opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
The purpose of this position is to perform detailed research, identification, keying and preparation of documents in a timely and efficient manner for scanning to AWD to support the business needs. Schedules and overtime will vary and will be based on the needs of our customers, departmental staffing and business flow. Overtime may be voluntary or mandatory and will be based on the previously mentioned needs. This Position Summary is intended to provide a general description of job duties and may not be all inclusive of responsibilities and requirements.
Primary Duites and Responsibilities:
- Daily processing of Group and Individual payments to include research, identification, keying and detailed preparation of the documents for scanning.
- Daily communication with Management or Business Units regarding document processing.
- Data Entry: Keying information related to customer/group policies into the system.
- Indexing of imaged work transactions in a timely and efficient manner to facilitate work distribution and tracking of non-deposited payments.
- Coordination of daily activities to ensure completion of work in a timely manner based on business priorities.
- Storage and retrieval of documents on a daily basis accurately tracking work complete, work in progress and work in research.
- Review of work performed to ensure high quality standard with an accuracy goal of 100%.
- Cross train on various duties in the department for backup of other workflows or perform supplemental work processing to ensure department deadlines for work are met.
- Scanning of documents to an image database.
- Other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic PC operation skills, 10-key skills and understanding of Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Word and Excel required.
- Effective interpersonal communication within a team environment, with management and customer service skills required.
- High level of work accuracy to ensure quality work produced required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment that is subject to frequent procedural changes required.
- Experience working in an accounting, banking or related environment preferred.
Performance Skills -
- This position is located in an office clerical environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move boxes up to 35 pounds (may be heavier for some areas of responsibility).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to read and comprehend at the twelfth grade level or higher.
- Adherence to AEGON’s Code of Conduct, Information Security Standards, and any other published practices, policies and guidelines is a requirement of the position.
Attention to Detail
: Able to review data/documents for accuracy and consistency; take action to prevent mistakes; follow procedures closely; keep records accurate and up to date; test services/application rigorously when needed.
Collaboration & Team Work:
Able to earn trust and credibility by completing own share of the team’s work; place team priorities above own personal agenda; appropriately consider others’ opinions on matters that affect the team; challenge proposed actions in a way that facilitates constructive discussion; support team decisions, even if different from own opinion.
Continuous Quality & Performance Improvement:
Able to establish personal standards of quality for own work; independently improve the quality of own work processes, products, and/or services; identify and apply “best practices” in own work; improve the efficiency of own work by eliminating barriers and streamlining work processes; measure and track own performance.
Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talk with customers or clients; listen well.
Able to build strong working relationships with internal and/or external customers; identify unexpressed customer needs and potential products/services to meet those needs; independently anticipate and meet customer needs; prioritize work in alignment with the needs of the customer; use customer knowledge and feedback to improve own work results.
Flexibility & Achieving Change:
Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task. Able to positively deal with changes that affect job requirements; adapt to shifting priorities in response to the needs of internal and external customers; quickly recognize situations/conditions where change is needed; work to clarify situations where information, instructions, or objectives are ambiguous; support organizational change.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please follow the online application process. Be sure to fully complete the form and include your resume. If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company (Realty Advisors, LLC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws. Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please inform the Human Resources department if you need assistance completing any forms, or to otherwise participate in the application process.
- 2 years ago - save job