The Documentation Imaging Specialist is responsible for efficiently and accurately preparing, scanning/importing and quality checking of documents into the Electronic Health Record (EHR). The Documentation Imaging Specialist minimizes duplicate records and overlap of entries into the EHR, verifies data integrity, and coordinates information with resource that provided information.
High school graduate or GED equivalent. Prefer some experience working in a medical setting.
Ability to prioritize workload and work independently according to established guidelines.
Detail oriented for analyzing and scanning/importing documents into the health record.
Understands filing sequences to properly index and scan/import records.
Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology, computer literacy, ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with professional staff; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and cooperatively.
Must meet deadlines for timely scanning of documents.
Ability to learn the Electronic Health Record and imaging systems.
Ability to meet deadlines; work cooperatively; able to operate scanning equipment; remain focused on duties; and capable of categorizing forms within the medical record.
- On a daily basis, scans/imports approved documents into the electronic health record (EHR).
- Responsible for checking the ANMC Specialty Dictations and other reports via the telehealth cart. Scans and routes reports per protocol
- Assist with developing procedures for scanning/importing notes into Vista imaging.
- Conducts quality review of scanned patient records into RPMS for appropriate indexing and image quality to ensure the integrity of scanned images using pre-established quality standards.
- Tracks and reports daily workload on a monthly basis to HIMS Director.
- Assists with Vista imaging training other staff members as needed.
- Assists with resolving scanning issues.
- Daily reviews and prioritizes scanning/importing needs to ensure timely documentation and continuation of treatment for patients standards are met.
- Identifies issues or problems with patient records and refers to HIMS Director for direction.
- Assists with developing scanning titles in imaging system as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in Performance improvement program and follows safety and infection control policies.
- Safeguards records from unauthorized access.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in both internal and external disaster procedures for the department and is able to respond immediately.
- maintains strict confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA