Job Title: Document Imaging Specialist
Department: Underwriting QA/Solution Center
Reports to: Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position will validate and categorize incoming mortgage document images into appropriate document folders, and associate the images with the correct loan file identifier, as designated by business units. The imaging performed will set up loan records in company system of record which supports business operations. Responsible for reviewing the quality of the document images to ensure the use of the documents across all departments in the life cycle of the loan. Accurate identification and loan file association of document images is an essential part of the job. Documents may be received through various mediums.
ESSENTIAL Job Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Worker Competencies
- Responsible for accurate identification and categorization of mortgage loan documents via all delivery methods (i.e. electronic, fax, upload, email).
- Ensure the documents are of sufficient quality for use as images. Work with Processor to obtain better copies from the customer if necessary before validating.
- Inspect imaged product for quality image and proper classification.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers to maintain excellent customer service.
- Handle customer inquiries as appropriate, and elevate inquiries to the appropriate party as necessary.
- Classify and associate documents in a timely manner to support National MI's defined metrics.
- A strong commitment to accuracy
- Works ethically, and with integrity, supporting organizational goals and values.
- Displays commitment to excellence.
- Completes work in a timely manner and meets deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Meets productivity standards and achieves key outcomes.
- Is dependable and keeps commitments.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately.
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations.
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.
- Analyzes and interprets information accurately.
- A minimum of 1-2 years' experience in mortgage lending required
- Previous document imaging experience required
- Previous experience in loan processing required
- MI Risk experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills and customer service
- General office skills/Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Precise attention to detail coupled with the ability to work independently
- Professional demeanor
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, as this position requires up to 8 hours a day of computer work. The employee is frequently required to talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus (the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) and close vision (defined as clear vision at 20 inches or less).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working in an office setting.
National Mortgage Insurance Company - 16 months ago