We have an opening in our San Francisco, CA office for a Document Management Specialist. The Document Management Specialist will be responsible for labeling and titling scanned images of incoming mail that is stored within the company’s software applications. Quality assurance standards are applied to ensure incoming mail is properly scanned and separated to company’s specifications and assigned to the correct claim.
· Labels and titles scanned images of incoming mail accurately and efficiently. Must be able to identify the type of mail received and label/title each piece of correspondence based on company standards and definitions.
· Performs quality assurance review of all scanned images. If images do not meet company standards and definitions, images will need to be rejected and returned for rescanning.
· Must index and assign all scanned images to the correct claim number. This process will require investigation within the company’s software application to match the mail to the correct claim number by matching last name, first name, employer, date of injury, master/companion claim numbers, etc.
· Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Able to read and interpret documents including legal letters, hearing notices, medical records, medical bills, medical resource materials, claim notes, and claim data fields. Able to write clearly and effectively. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions with managers and staff.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Ability to quickly master proprietary and vended software applications.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
· Disability and AD&D
· Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
· Education Assistance Reimbursement
· Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Omaha, Atlanta, St. Louis, Oklahoma City, Alpharetta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.