Job Title: Commercial Print Project Manager (Document Processing Resources Representative)
Job ID: 03489
Division : Business Integration
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Preferred candidates will have strong experience developing and implementing commercial print strategies. Experience managing vendor relationships is also preferred.
The Document Processing Resources Representative serves as the liaison and communication link between internal and external customers and the department. Coordinates accurate and timely execution of assigned projects from concept to completion. Obtains information from clients and vendors on new or revised product requests.
- Communication Liaison (30%)
- Maintains direct contact with customers and vendors concerning printing jobs, new and existing. Functions as the liaison between customer and the department.
- Recommends cost effective printing solutions to internal and external customers.
- Relays customer expectations, plans, and needs to department staff.
- Investigates inquiries regarding printing-related problems and decides recommended corrective solutions.
- Handles telephone calls and correspondence regarding printing inquiries.
- Takes proactive role in anticipating customer needs.
- Keeps in constant communication with customer regarding changes and questions.
- Works closely with Document Resources Specialist, handing off more strategic project assignments when appropriate.
- Arranges for customer visits. Conducts follow-up conversation to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Document Coordination (25%)
- Collects, classifies and assigns document numbers and titles, and coordinating information. Provides liaison between user and the document print, both commercially and in-plant for new document, revisions and repeat orders.
- Analyzes the entire project to provide user with cost benefit analysis, feasibility, special inventory studies, and determines least cost analysis and alternatives in procuring, warehousing, distributing and disposing of corporate documents.
- Eliminates document duplications. Establishes order quantities, delivery dates, shipping, packaging and labeling instructions for documents in assignment and special project areas, and determines document obsolescence.
- Monitors the receipt of and performs quality control analysis to all newly created and manufactured documents. Analyzes weekly inventory reports, Advanced Reorder Point Reports and updates computerized data base entries, correct errors, omissions and irregularities to the Inventory and Supply System. Alert corporate users of reorder points, quantities, prices, usages, and inventory values on applicable documents. Responsible for the accuracy, coordination and timely reporting of information.
- Creates and maintains electronic document Image Library using the electronic document management system. Provides for data integrity of electronic document management revisions and Policy Version Management System.
- Provides troubleshooting service for users having document, document handling, or equipment/document processing related problems.
- Document Project Management (25%)
- Interviews and provides user with an evaluation, a comprehensive report and written documentation of user's request for document development.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts meetings with production management personnel to discuss and resolve major issues regarding documents and document-related problems. Provides advice and technical assistance to users and committees upon request.
- Writes documents specifications, discusses specifications with vendors, determines vendor suitability and capability for bid items, recommends prime vendor; prepares, assembles, distributes and forwards paperwork.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on any assigned projects where a document is to be created new revised, obsolete or filed electronically.
- Provides users with document expertise by utilizing creative document design and construction standards, knowledge of the printing trade and familiarity with the manufacturing process and vendor's equipment capabilities.
- Demonstrates a solid working knowledge of the entire document development process from creation concepts including design software, terminology, layout and placement of date fields. Displays a thorough understanding and a practical use of Elixir, PeopleSoft and scripting applications.
- Proofs documents to ensure accuracy. Partners with I/S divisions to assist in testing prior to putting document into production.
- Accounts, Estimates, and Invoice Coordination (20%)
- Remains updated on company procedures, policies, printing, and delivery capabilities.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of customer supplied materials, such as proofs, etc.
- Maintains master records of each project to ensure all components are accounted for and completed.
- Prepares price quotes on printing projects for internal and external customers.
- Performs daily chargeback procedures to produce monthly and quarterly reports to assure accurate billing to internal clients and Controller.
- Provides cost internal clients with detailed monthly report of printing charges to their account.
- Researches and responds to all inquiries from internal clients regarding charges.
- Archives and deletes obsolete projects. Informs affected departments of action taken.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Concern for Quality
- Planning & Organizing
- Technical Expertise
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Basic knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, practices, techniques and tools.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of electronic document development language, systems, and hardware operations.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service environment.
- Demonstrated experience in document applications, analysis, design and construction.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of documents, document equipment, and related processes.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the printing trade.
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to work in moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
- This position requires the ability to stand between 1 and 33% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to talk or listen (hear) between 66 and 100% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to walk between 1 and 33% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds between 1 and 33% of the time.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...