Summary of Responsibilities:
Core-level job, which processes new contracts for life insurance. Provides service to the field agencies, and independent brokers. Performs a variety of support functions to other units within Life New Business.
- Senior level subject matter expert, subject to minimal supervision.
- Print images and assemble new life insurance contracts for accuracy and completeness. Ensure that all supporting letters/forms/underwriting requirements are included with the contract.
- Interprets the nature of single/multiple request transactions both inter and intra-departmental requests.
- Trace orders/processes missing underwriting requirements to ensure a complete package is mailed.
- Image paper mail.
- Update underwriting system tasks, responds to case messages and referrals within the stated SLA.
- Investigate and resolve inquiries from sales offices and other offices relating to case specific issues.
- Follows appropriate records destruction policies for documents that have reached the required date.
- Responsible for retrieving any documents from storage via online system or phone.
- Process decline and EA letters.
- Performs Quality Assurance review of policies.
- Perform on-screen review, when needed re-arrange forms, and manage images.
- Answer/respond to phone and e-mail inquiries within the stated SLA.
- Meets or exceeds department and unit production and quality goals and standards.
- Work shifts and overtime as needed to support the business.
- Interface with other IB areas and sites.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Business Knowledge/Skills :
- Working knowledge of application forms, procedures and workflow governing the processing of Life New Business.
- Working knowledge of New Business systems: CAS, SIR 2000.
- Proficient in Windows based programs.
- Basic Knowledge of products sold by sales producers.
- High school graduate or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience.
- Focused on customers.
- Produce results.
- Build relationships.
- Communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to handle a high volume of work.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment including a combination of paper and paperless work.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong individual work ethic and ability to contribute to team goals.
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...