Summary of Responsibilities:
Core-level job, which processes new contracts for life insurance. Provides service to the field agencies, and independent brokers. Performs a variety of support functions to other units within Life New Business.
- Senior level subject matter expert, subject to minimal supervision.
- Print images and assemble new life insurance contracts for accuracy and completeness. Ensure that all supporting letters/forms/underwriting requirements are included with the contract.
- Interprets the nature of single/multiple request transactions both inter and intra-departmental requests.
- Trace orders/processes missing underwriting requirements to ensure a complete package is mailed.
- Image paper mail.
- Update underwriting system tasks, responds to case messages and referrals within the stated SLA.
- Investigate and resolve inquiries from sales offices and other offices relating to case specific issues.
- Follows appropriate records destruction policies for documents that have reached the required date.
- Responsible for retrieving any documents from storage via online system or phone.
- Process decline and EA letters.
- Performs Quality Assurance review of policies.
- Perform on-screen review, when needed re-arrange forms, and manage images.
- Answer/respond to phone and e-mail inquiries within the stated SLA.
- Meets or exceeds department and unit production and quality goals and standards.
- Work shifts and overtime as needed to support the business.
- Interface with other IB areas and sites.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Business Knowledge/Skills :
- Working knowledge of application forms, procedures and workflow governing the processing of Life New Business.
- Working knowledge of New Business systems: CAS, SIR 2000.
- Proficient in Windows based programs.
- Basic Knowledge of products sold by sales producers.
- High school graduate or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience.
- Focused on customers.
- Produce results.
- Build relationships.
- Communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to handle a high volume of work.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment including a combination of paper and paperless work.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong individual work ethic and ability to contribute to team goals.
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 22 months ago
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...