Western & Southern Financial group has an immediate need for a Document Systems Specialist.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Designs and builds forms, customer notifications, policy packets, envelopes and other technical documents for traditional paper dissemination and for online use or reference. Understands and uses PC and mainframe software and follows standard procedures and methods to create effective documents. Document content is provided by subject matter experts (SME’s). Works closely with SME’s to obtain all information necessary for satisfactory job completion by agreed-upon deadline. Proofs own work and submits to SME for final approval. Escalates to the Production Team Leader, Sr. Document Specialist or manager when appropriate and updates manager on a regular basis.
• Designs effective documents, working from content and requirements provided by SME’s.
• Understands the SME’s needs and goals. Determines document appearance, how the document will be made available and how the end customer will use it. Adds value for the SME and the end customer.
• Builds documents using word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, web-development and content management software in both a PC and mainframe environment. Constructs static, fillable, interactive and virtual-personalized documents per the customer’s needs and goals. Codes criteria and establishes data links in content management software.
• Proofs own work as well as the work of other Document Specialists against the requirements provided by the SME.
• Obtains work priorities by referencing both the PR Document Management System (workflow queue) and the particulars of each job. Immediately seeks direction from the customer and/or other Document Management associates if work cannot be completed within the desired timeframe.
• Records time for chargeback to customer. Participates in Document Management System job tracking (workflow).
• Names, saves, places and uploads various document files following strict procedures for web, print-on-demand, automated document and content management (virtual-personalized) systems.
• Participates in department, division and group continuous improvement initiatives. Obtains additional technical and professional skills in order to keep pace with customer needs and technological advances. Assists the Production Team Leader, Sr. Document Specialist and manager in establishing best practices for the group.
• Backs up other Document Specialists to meet customer requirements for job completion.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Proven experience working closely with SME’s to design and build documents that meet or exceed their requirements. Demonstrated interest and sensitivity towards the end customer. Cite examples of adding value to a document by understanding its purpose and use.
• Proven experience handling multiple duties and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Cite examples of working independently and consistently meeting productivity and quality goals.
• Proven experience maintaining group paper and electronic files in a highly organized manner.
• Demonstrated commitment to quality in a production oriented work environment.
• Proven experience in working in a team atmosphere, successfully communicating with associates at all levels.
• Proven experience adapting and demonstrating flexibility associated with changes to policies/procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and master new software. Cite specific examples of software learned and used appropriately.
• Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling demanding situations.
• General familiarity with, and appreciation for, current document dissemination options including web, inventory and print-on-demand. General familiarity with printing and copying methods.
• General familiarity with page layout principles.
• Associate’s degree or trade school certificate in the field of document or information creation or commensurate selection criteria experience.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
• Proficient in Microsoft Word.
• Working knowledge of at least one data-driven document assembly system (single-sourcing, content management or virtual-personalized document system). Software can be for producing print or web content. Understanding of how relational databases work.
• Working knowledge of Windows operating system.
• Basic understanding of the appropriate uses of Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, HTML (or software for producing web content).
• Basic understanding of desktop scanner controls.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
• None required.
• Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Western & Southern Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company, is a dynamic family of diversified financial services companies that provides life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement planning and investment products and services to help millions of consumers nationwide to plan and protect their financial futures.
With more than 5,000 associates and more than 50,000 individuals in our selling group, Western & Southern offers consumers and businesses the financial products and services they require to meet their insurance needs and investment goals. Having reached more in excess of $50 billion in assets owned and under management, we are leveraging our industry leading financial strength to fuel our growth through strategic acquisitions, increases in our current product revenue stream and expansion into new distribution channels and businesses.
Western & Southern provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
Western & Southern Life - 10 months ago