4moms Documentation Configuration and Control Specialists are energetic, take initiative, and have a broad understanding of formal documentation configuration systems, archival policies/systems/procedures, business and technical documentation formats, Bills of Material creation and management, quality documents, and document revision control and distribution. They must have the ability to work independently and be able to attract functional resources both internally and with our manufacturing partners, leading to accurate and timely documentation control and configuration management.
What you'll be doing:
What we need from you:
- Manages document workflow and ensures that all controlled documentation is within approved system guidelines and meets all internal and external compliance requirements.
- Maintains, and as applicable, creates document tracking system(s), issues and tracks document distribution and approval.
- Regularly reviews and updates document approval matrices to fit the needs of the controlled document purpose.
- Assists and or leads the creation and timely processing of the documentation package in support Engineering Change Requests/Orders, ECRs, ECOs; reviewing documents for format, and compliance to existing requirements. Performs edits, makes corrections, seeking clarity as needed to eliminate ambiguity.
- Publishes, issues, and maintains controlled documents and uncontrolled guidelines.
- Maintains both on and offsite document storage and archiving to approved company, regulatory, and compliance requirements and guidelines.
- Follows corporate and applicable compliance document archiving duration policies and procedures. Ensures that any documentation identified by storage duration for removal, is done so in an approved and secure method.
- Locates, retrieves, and distributes both controlled and uncontrolled documents as needed by users of the system.
- Provides scanning, photcopying, photographing services and archiving of documents such at notebooks, records, reports, and other pertinent documents.
- Organizes and administers electronic and hard copy records of manufacturing, research, development, quality, user, training, and servicing records, within scope of the Documentation Control function.
- Actively participates in the evaluation, selection, implementation, and revision upgrades to Electronic Document Management Systems, EDMS.
- Under the guidance of the Quality Assurance function, assists with the development of Document Control KPI’s, and the tracking and reporting of Quality System metrics.
- Skilled in data entry and knowledge of formal document control policies and procedures. Enters data accurately and efficiently using a variety of software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and master new skills, tools, and systems.
- Practical knowledge of electronic documentation and data management systems, including their implementation, validation, and maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to effectively interact and collaborate across a wide and diverse group of customers, users, and functional groups.
- Understanding of EU and general international document requirements would be a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to organize large amounts of data and records and to be able to archive and retrieve it in a timely fashion.
- Ability to manage time and workflow effectively and efficiently; including planning and communicating plans to stakeholders of the process.
- Minimum of three to five years of direct Documentation Control and Configuration Management experience is required.
- Experience using either a commercially available, or enterprise developed EDMS system in a production environment is required.
- Experience in Consumer and or Juvenile products regulatory and compliance standards would be a plus.
- Experience working with OEM offshore partners would be a plus.
In return for your services, we currently offer a generous total compensation plan including a competitive salary, company paid medical, dental, life & disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, and mobile phone coverage.
4moms was honored with the 2011 Kind & Jugend Innovation Award, was named #3 on the 2012 Pittsburgh 100 list of Fastest Growing Companies and #743 on the 2011 INC 5000. Our products have also won the JPMA Innovation Award, the 2011 Popular Science Magazine's Best of What's New Award, and the National Parenting Center Seal of Approval.
4moms - 23 months ago