The Documentation Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that clinical documentation in the medical record is pertinent, timely, accurate and complete. She/he will concurrently interact with Physicians, nursing staff, members of the interdisciplinary team and HIM coders to ensure that documentation captures clinical severity to support the level of service, core measures and appropriate reimbursement. She/he will educate all members of the patient care team on an ongoing basis.
HR Use Only:
- NYS RN License required.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or health related field required.
- Minimum 5 years recent clinical experience in an acute care.
- Hospital setting- required.
- Coding experience preferred.
- Computer skills, Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact with others, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintenance stats and outcome data.
Richmond University Medical Center - 8 months ago