Domestic Violence Reduction Program Domestic Violence Advocate
Maple Star Colorado has an immediate opening for a full-time Domestic Violence Advocate. This position will be housed at Adams County Department of Human Services in Denver and will work with the Adams County Child Welfare teams to provide in-home case management services to children and families who have been involved in domestic violence relationships in their homes.
Job responsibilities include:
Responsible for implementing educating the family and advocating for the family around domestic violence.
- Case management services children and families to create structure and clear expectations in the home, and assist client with maintaining safety in their home and community.
- Provide psycho-educational groups regarding the impacts of domestic violence to related parties.
Integrate Trauma Informed Care tools and interventions in the home with assigned children and families.
Complete clinical documentation within established time frames.
Work a flexible schedule that will include evening and weekend hours, and be available for crisis support when requested. Scheduled hours and days may vary in order to meet client needs.
V. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to think clearly and logically; to problem solve effectively; written and oral communication skills; and the ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of local agencies and other community resources that may serve youth, families, and foster care services.
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Training: 15 hours minimum of training as a victims advocate
- Experience: two years in the field including a minimum one year experience in domestic violence advocacy
- Skills: Advocacy of domestic violence programs, community services, and ability to provide psycho-educational training to families regarding domestic violence.
- Bilingual a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.