FreshPoint is seeking a qualified candidate to fill an opening for a Route Delivery Driver position based in the Savannah Georgia area and servicing both local and Charleston area markets . The role will consist of efficiently delivering goods to customers while providing excellent customer service, rotating product in customer coolers (if required by contract), processing paperwork consistently & accurately, and following all Company safety rules & DOT regulations that apply. Candidate must demonstrate ability to work efficiently, independently and reliably with excellent customer care skills, proven good judgment and strong attention to detail.
All drivers run daily routes with frequent stops and are required to load packages onto hand trucks and unload product at each stop on the assigned route in the order they are designated by the Transportation Department Manager. Candidate will operate successfully in a cross dock model picking up loaded truck from a nightly delivery at f the assigned loading dock and returning the empty truck back to the assigned lot at the end of the route. May be required to assist occasionally with loading trucks, palletizing product, and performing other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
Work hours and days off may vary. All drivers must be able to work Monday through Saturday starting anywhere between 2:30am - 5:00am until the assigned deliveries are completed. Drivers are also required to work some holidays as needed.
Job Duties & Requirements:
- Must be 21 Years of Age
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A or B ONLY need apply
- Minimum one (1) year driving experience REQUIRED ( refrigerated truck experience preferred )
- Six months foodservice route delivery experience preferred
- Ability to drive a standard shift or automatic transmission
- No DUI or serious driving offenses – clean MVR/driving history over a 3 year period
- Must consent to a seven (7) year criminal history review/pass DOT drug test & physical
- Must past hands-on road testing
- Must provide ten (10) year previous employment history (if available)
- Strong knowledge of the Savannah and Charleston, SC area very strongly preferred
- Good communication skills and ability to perform simple arithmetic
- Experience in handling money with excellent track record and no loss history
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds, perform frequent bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing in and out of trucks & working in confined spaces and/or below ground
- Ability to work within a controlled temperature environment as low as 38 degrees F
If you possess the above requirements, apply now! All incomplete applications will be disqualified.
We offer a substantial benefits package including but not limited to health, dental, vision, EAP, Life, ADD, STD, LTD, 401-K, employee stock purchase, flexible spending & much more.
All applicants being considered for hire will be subject to, and must pass a road test, a D.O.T. drug, alcohol, and physical test as well as a criminal background history investigation and verification of previous employment (10 year history if available).
***Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace/Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer***
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Fresh produce is the ingredient for success at FreshPoint. The company is one of the largest foodservice distributors of fresh fruits and...