POSITION: Domicile Route Driver FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
DEPARTMENT: Transportation COMPANY: Freshpoint Central California
REPORTS TO: Steve Buer/Bob McKelvey DATE: 4/16/13
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Delivery of fresh produce and grocery items to our customers. This is a “safety” sensitive position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Employee must pass a road test, background check, pre-employment post offer drug screen and lifting test
- Maintain a valid commercial drivers license class A or B
- Must be able to communicate well with others.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Pass the minimum hiring requirements
- Pass the Professional truck driving course
- Education or experience to fulfill the essential functions and responsibilities with a minimum of 1 year driving experience or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to perform a variety of functions with minimal supervision.
- Drivers will deliver product into the customer’s facility and unloaded where designated. Product will be verified to invoice and a signature as proof of delivery received. “Dark drop” invoices will be signed by the driver
- Driver is responsible to collect “C.O.D.” payments and will occasionally pick up R.O.A. payments.
- Unloading of product with a “dolly” or lift gate via a ramp from cargo area to customer receiving area
- Must remain in compliance with D.O.T. guidelines for route drivers (i.e. participation in random drug/alcohol testing, DMV driving record pull notice)
- Follow the PWM’s (Preferred Work Methods) for transportation
- Other duties as assigned
- Start times are early (up to 12:00am)
- Must be available 7 days per week
- Work day could be up to 16 hours in length; work week will be up to 80 hrs in 8 days
- Trucks are pre-loaded for drivers prior to their arrival at FreshPoint Domicile Facility
- End time is when work is done (route, backhauls, fueling of truck, paperwork, and same day deliveries completed)
- Routes and schedules could change daily/weekly
- Uniform required
- Must be able to report to home office (Turlock, CA) as needed.
1. Amount of each day spent:
Standing 30% Walking 40% Sitting 30% Total 100 %
2. Employee works: Inside 30% Outside 70% Total 100 %
3. While performing the job, employee is required to:
A. Twist/Turn Yes x No Frequently All shift
B. Stoop/Bend Yes x No Frequently All shift
C. Squat Yes x No Frequently All shift
D. Kneel Yes x No Rarely All shift
E. Crawl Yes x No Very Rarely
F. Climb Yes x No Occasionally All shift
G. Step up/Step down Yes x No Frequently All shift
H. Balance Yes x No Frequently All shift
I. Walk Above Ground Yes No x
J. Reach Upward Yes x No Occasionally All shift
K. Reach Forward Yes x No Frequently All shift
L. Wrist Rotation Yes x No Frequently All shift
M. Grasping Yes x No Continuously All shift
N. Pinching Yes x No Occasionally All shift
O. Manipulating Objects Yes x No Frequently All shift
P. Push/Pull £ 21 – 50 lbs. Yes x No Frequently All shift
Q. Push/Pull £ 50 lbs. Yes x No Frequently All shift
4. Lifting Requirements**:
1 - 10 lbs. 11 - 20 lbs. 21 - 35 lbs. 36 - 50 lbs. 51 - 75 lbs. 76 - 100 lbs.
Frequently Frequently Frequently Frequently Occasionally Rarely
5. Carrying Requirements**:
35 lbs. 50 lbs. 100 lbs.
Frequently Frequently Very rarely
** Very Rarely = < 1% Rarely = 1-10% Occasionally = 11-33% Frequently = 34-66% Continually = 67% +
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
FreshPoint - 18 months ago