Volunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
The Donor Engagement Specialist supports resource development and communications goals with a persistence of excellent customer service to donors and volunteers. The Engagement Specialist is responsible for building individualized, meaningful relationships with donors, volunteers and other constituents. The Engagement Specialist approaches every individual that encounters the organization as a potential donor or volunteer and strives to provide excellent customer service to all individuals by organizing and implementing the cultivation and stewardship efforts of the organization with the involvement of staff and volunteers from all levels of the organization.
- Produces monthly social media plan and implements activities with an effort of raising awareness and increasing social media conversation.
- Prepares monthly e-newsletters and quarterly postal mailed newsletters for donors and employees.
- Represents VOA to donors, prospects, and the community at large to enhance public relations.
- Updates website with current content including client and donor stories, donor recognition, and donation pages.
- Manages the online store, promotions and and merchandising.
- Support annual communications plan through writing press releases and securing media sponsors.
- Produces materials including brochures, fact sheets and PowerPoint presentations that accurately portray VOA as a compelling and dynamic organization.
- Coordinate marketing efforts for car donation program.
- Coordinate photography and video production needs.
- Act as staff liaison for third-party fundraising opportunities.
- Implements individualized outreach and cultivation strategies for current and potential donors including coordination of donation acknowledgement and appreciation activities.
- Coordinates recognition activities for donors according to individual interests and giving levels.
- Organizes social engagement opportunities, program tours and recognition events as appropriate.
- Works with program staff to gather compelling stories and outcomes to share with donors and volunteers.
- Researches and identifies current and potential contributors to fund special project and ongoing operations through examination of giving history and interest and other information as available.
- Coordinates program tours and site visits with potential funders.
- Stays current in fundraising trends through peer groups and professional development.
- Support employee giving campaign committee including implementation efforts, scheduling, production of materials, and tracking.
- Coordinate Marketing and Development Committee meetings including all logistics and record keeping.
- Tracks cultivation activities in donor management software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must successfully complete any required training and acquire any required certifications within prescribed timeframes. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree in marketing, nonprofit management, psychology or business field with a minimum of 1-year of work experience in an office setting.
- Valid Texas Drivers License (must be received within 30 days of employment) and ability to be insured; valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle.
Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO) for full time positions.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Volunteers of America Texas - 12 months ago