The Donor Relations Assistant works with the Donor Relation and Engagement team to ensure that donors feel supported and recognized, and that their support makes a difference. This objective is achieved assisting the team with donor events, written and phone correspondence, tracking internal processes and vendors, and other tasks to engage supporters. This position reports to the Donor Relations & Engagement Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide phone and email support, responding to donor inquiries including accepting contributions.
- Update supporter information in the donor database.
- Assist with gift acknowledgements and premium fulfillment.
- Generate and ensure quality of a number of regular lists for mailing and donor recognition purposes.
- Responsible for ordering and inventory tracking of donor stewardship materials.
- Contribute to the review process of all donor relations materials.
- Provide backup support to the Stewardship & Donor Relations Associate.
- Provide events administrative support including coordinating invitation lists, collateral generation, RSVPs, post event correspondence, and provide staff with event reports.
- Track all event invitee, attendee and financial information in the events database.
- Oversee vendors and timeline for event collateral.
- Assist in the execution of events including setup, check-in, and breakdown.
- Other duties as required.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in events support, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Development experience working in a donor relations and stewardship capacity highly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Enthusiasm for communicating with supporters and potential supporters on the phone and via e-mail.
- Ability to defuse high-tension situations comfortably and maintain composure under pressure.
- Highly organized individual with the ability to assist with multiple projects at once.
- Self-starter with an excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with fundraising or events in a non-profit environment strongly preferred.
- Experience using a fundraising database preferred.
- This position may require occasional travel
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
Interested candidates should submit a resume along with cover letter to email@example.com . Please include “Donor Relations and Engagement Assistant” in the subject line.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters and citizens to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring the best and brightest who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with nine offices across the U.S.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Earthjustice - 21 months ago