Primary Purpose of Job:
The Donor Services Assistant supports department-wide efforts to increase funding revenue and provide excellent stewardship to Food Banks donors. S/he plays a key role in providing customer service to donors, enhancing data quality and database content, and ensuring that gift acknowledgment procedures run smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Donor Services and Stewardship (80%)
- Field calls and emails from donors requesting address, credit card, and other changes to contact and payment information, and follow-up with vendors as necessary;
- Monitor department-wide gift acknowledgment activities, including content/messaging update process;
- Coordinate direct mail vendors production of acknowledgement and tribute letters;
- Handle list management and coordinate mailing of annual report, holiday card and insider letter projects;
- Perform data updates and assist with data quality and enhancement projects in Raisers Edge and Convio;
- Prepare spreadsheets for uploading event invitation and attendance data into Raisers Edge;
- Submit matching gift forms and track responses;
- Handle tracking of stock and wire transfer gifts;
- Help train new employees.
Prospect Development: (20%)
- Enter research information into Raisers Edge;
- Assist with producing event briefings;
- Carry out online searches to locate donor information; enter and update donor information in Raisers Edge;
- Review daily news alerts and forward relevant information to staff;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree preferred;
- Intermediate-level skills in MSWord and Excel. Internet search skills; Previous experience with a customer or fundraising database, preferably Raisers Edge;
- Donor customer service experience;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely;
- Organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience using search engines to locate information.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.