Performs phlebotomy and collection procedures and processes related to the collection of whole blood (and/or blood components) from donors according to the organization’s policies and procedures, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, and American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) standards.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Obtains medical history and vitals from donors and/or patients.
- Performs phlebotomy and collection procedures to collect blood or blood components.
- Displays excellent customer service and professionalism towards all customers.
- Assists with the recruitment of potential apheresis, and bone marrow donors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read, understand and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to organize work for timely completion
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to speak, write, read, and understand English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to commute with personal transportation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tasks involve the periodic performance of moderately physically demanding work, usually involving lifting, carrying, pushing and/or of moderately heavy objects and materials (up to 50 pounds). Tasks that require moving objects of significant weight require the assistance of another person and/or use of proper techniques and moving equipment. Tasks may involve some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, walking, standing, and manual dexterity in the operating of phlebotomy equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Functions are regularly performed inside and/or outside with potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles, vibrations, electric currents, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, gases or chemicals, oils and other cutting fluids, violence and/or disease, or pathogenic substances.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING:
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
OneBlood, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, OneBlood, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
OneBlood - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Community Blood Centers of South Florida, Inc. provides over 75% of the blood transfusion needs for Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade and...