Using Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) equipment, prepares complex drawings including multiple views, detail drawings, and assembly drawings. Drawings include complex design features that require considerable drafting skill to visualize and portray.
Assignments regularly require the use of mathematical formulas to compute such as weights, load capacities, dimensions, quantities of materials, etc. Working from sketches and verbal information supplied by an engineer or designer, determines the most appropriate views, details or drawings and supplementary information needed to complete assignments. Selects required information from precedents, manufacturers' catalogs, and technical guides. Independently resolves most of the problems encountered. Supervisor or designer may suggest methods of approach or provide advice on unusually difficult problems.
CAD TERMINAL OPERATION:
- Prepares a variety of drawings using a mastery of terminal operator's layout drafting level of the command and data entry methods appropriate to the CAD system in use.
- Prepares 3-dimensional models for subsequent extraction of detail and assembly drawings.
- Prepares and uses drawing-related electrical and mechanical databases for automation of fabrication and assembly procedures.
- Assists programming specialists in the analysis and implementation of modified programming enhancements as required.
Basic Qualifications :
- Performs assists tasks exercising judgment in the selection and use of appropriate drafting practices, procedures and specifications. All work is subject to specific checking and approval. Answers questions of and gives assistance to lower classified personnel. Checks personnel work as well as work of lower classified personnel.
- Makes selection of material based on application, fabrication, function, etc. - Determines scales, views, and sections for orthographic and axonometric drawings relating to design and documentation requirements using appropriate processes.
- Prepares drawings of electrical schematics and connection diagrams from rough sketches or design information using knowledge of the physical, functional, and fabrication requirements of the items and assemblies.
- Develops layouts and drawings of complex items and assemblies within established weight and dimensional limits.
- Makes a variety of studies and analyses in connection with tolerances, materials, structure, etc. to ensure fit and function.
- Prepares drafting time/cost requirement estimates.
- Provides time/cost management of projects as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Associates degree and 5 years of relevant experience.
In lieu of degree, 8 years of related experience will qualify.
Must be a United States Citizen in order to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Experience in Microsoft Office Suite software, including Microsoft Project Experience with AutoCAD or similar software programs.
Experience with 3D modeling software (SolidWorks) desired.
Experience with Adobe Pro or similar software programs.
Solid understanding of military, ANSI, and ASME documentation requirements Ability to independently accomplish tasks that may be sequenced with the work of others.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Drawing structure- Parts Lists, Next Higher Assemblies, Indentured Drawing Lists, etc.
Knowledge of fabrication process and material finishes
Knowledge of AFSCN highly desirable
As an equal opportunity employer we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...