Working under close guidance of the Drafting Supervisor or designee, responsible to complete all assigned drafting formats, numbering conventions and design standards in the preparation of mechanical, structural or electrical layouts and/or aircraft component designs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist with new 2D drafting and designs in support of the modification or completion of high end VIP aircraft.
2. Assist in the design and drafting of components, installations, fabrications, avionics and other drawing formats and engineering change notices.
3. Adhere to design and engineering standards to include verification of drafting completed.
4. Ensure completion of tasks within allotted time frame.
5. Maintains open and active communication to ensure consistency with the drawings.
6. Ensure all work completed is in compliance with all current FAR's, the Comlux Aviation Repair Station and Quality Control Manual plus internal policies and procedures such as the Engineering Design Standards Manual.
7. Other duties not specifically covered herein but otherwise assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. High School Diploma or GED is required.
2. Associates degree in drafting or equivalent technical training or work experience is strongly preferred.
3. Some knowledge of the Aviation/VIP completions process as it relates to drafting is preferred, but not required.
4. 1+ year experience utilizing or training in AutoCAD 2009 and other 2D/3D software such as Autodesk is preferred.
5. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
6. Possess valid US Passport and be willing to travel as needed when requested.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Possess a general working knowledge of 2D/3D drafting software or, demonstrate an ability to learn quickly.
2. Ability to perform moderately complex mathematical functions as related to the job.
3. Some knowledge of drafting standards, practices, dimensions, tolerance, symbols, nomenclature and engineering terms.
4. Must be able to properly utilize materials, reference books and catalogs as needed.
5. Strong knowledge of MS Office software.
6. Ability to communicate openly, proactively and effectively.
Comlux Aviation - 2 years ago