Under general supervision, prepares layouts, component drawings, and designs according to engineering specifications for seal support systems, including heat exchangers, reservoirs, gas control panels and other JCL products..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
**Other duties may be assigned**
* Receives Job Packets from the Reservoir Engineer and reviews entire packet for completeness and common sense test.
* Makes final sketch of proposed drawing using SolidEdge 3D (computer), checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, part numbers, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
* Matches Order Data Sheet, Menu Drawing or Quotation to the Drawing to the Bill of Materials (listed on the drawing) to verify accuracy.
* Verifies customer purchase order to order Data Sheet, Menu Drawing or Quotation to Drawing.
* Cross‑checks work before release back to the Reservoir Engineer.
* Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired.
* Interfaces with Sales personnel as required to resolve questions or inconsistencies in Job Packets.
* Interfaces with Shop personnel as required to resolve questions concerning manufacturing practices.
* Researches supplier catalogs and engineering standards as required to ensure compatibility with Job Packet requirements.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree (A. A.) or. equivalent from two‑year college or technical school; .and six months to one year related experience and/or training with piping design; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general instructions from customer purchase orders and sales notes. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: NONE
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Requires experience/training with the following computer programs: AUTOCAD Release 14 or higher and Microsoft Office Excel and Outlook.
John Crane - 19 months ago