Since 1841, National Oilwell Varco (NOV) has been dedicated to ensuring customers receive the highest quality oilfield products and services.
Leveraging over 700 worldwide manufacturing, sales and service centers, National Oilwell Varco supplies customer-focused solutions that best meet the quality, productivity, and environmental requirements of the energy industry.
National Oilwell Varco is a worldwide leader in providing major mechanical components for land and offshore drilling rigs, complete land drilling and well servicing rigs, tubular inspection and internal tubular coatings, drill string equipment, extensive lifting and handling equipment, and a broad offering of down hole drilling motors, bits and tools. National Oilwell Varco also provides supply chain services through its network of distribution service centers located near major drilling and production activity worldwide.
The NOV Training group is responsible for NOV product training of external customers and internal personnel worldwide.
Global Curriculum & Instructional Development Manager.
The Drafter will cooperate closely with animators, drafter and engineering teams to apply standardized development processes and ensure content meets NOV instructional standards.
- Design and develop 3D models using SolidWorks, ProE or Inventor for training technologies group
- Assist 3D animators with 3D models to use with 3D Max and Ngrain.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree from two-year college or technical school is preferred; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Capability to develop interactive applications
- Experience developing 3D illustrations
- Knowledge of developing 3D animations
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, drawings and associated literature
- Familiar with 3Ds Max or any equivalent visualization software
- Acquainted with Adobe Creative Suite
- Accustomed to MS Office and MS Project Suite(s) ProTools operations
- Experience with ProE, SolidWorks, Inventor and/or AutoCad
- Familiar with rapid prototyping or other practices which streamline development processes
- Possess two to three years of Ngrain experience
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical instructional information effectively, clearly and concisely
- Maintain a heightened interest for field of learning
- Have a dedication to keep up with innovations, research, theories, technologies, and trends in field of knowledge
- Sustain a willingness and motivation to learn new technology and experiment with new learning techniques
- Possess ability to quickly adapt to a changing work environment
- Retain proficient time management skills
- Obtain efficient organization and problem solving skills
- Acquainted with E-learning production
- Aptitude to multi-task and work independently with minimal direction/supervision
- Internal applicants must advise their current Supervisor/Manager of their application and update them regarding progress of their application*
US TX Houston 5200 N Sam Houston Pkwy
5200 North Sam Houston Parkway
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...