About SPX Corporation
SPX is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
Business Unit Description
SPX Cooling Technologies operates in 20 countries worldwide and is the world's preeminent full-line, full-service cooling tower and air-cooled condenser manufacturer. Since 1883, Balcke, Marley, and Hamon Dry Cooling--the businesses that formed SPX Cooling Technologies--have generated more than 250 global patents in the global power generation, industrial, refrigeration and HVAC markets.
- Review inexperienced drafters’ work; provide mentoring and coaching
- Train other drafters in use of software tools and product details
- Provide training and answer questions from the field and from the manufacturing plants
- Maintain integrity of product model files to conform with currently defined product specifications
- Create and execute engineering change orders (document the revisions and revise data and drawings as needed)
- Maintain product configurators to conform with currently defined product specifications, availability, and substitutions
How To Apply
- 2- or 4-year technical degree, ideally in engineering technology or drafting technology
- 3-5 years experience
- HVAC and/or cooling tower experience preferred
- AutoCAD certification
- Working knowledge of SolidEdge and Visual Basic
- Strong ability using Word, Excel, Access, and Visio
- Strong ability using SAP
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization
- Success in applying skills to specific company projects
- Significant knowledge of some products
- Accountability for specific projects; responsibility for project accuracy, budget, and timeline
- Creative thinker
If you are open to pursuing this time sensitive opportunity, please complete an application online by clicking "APPLY NOW." To begin your application, we recommend that you either copy and paste your resume or upload your resume. This process takes approximately 5 minutes to complete. If you do not have a resume to upload, you may build a resume online; this option may take up to 20 minutes to complete. Thank you for your interest in our company.
SPX is an EOE
SPX - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
SPX Corp. controls the ebb and flow of multiple industries. The company operates from four units: Flow Technology (pumps, valves, other...