Theranos is actively building a world-class team. Most likely candidates are currently employed or have been employed in similar types of positions but want to be part of a paradigm-shifting company doing innovative work and gain tremendous personal and career growth. Candidates must be hard working with unfaltering determination to excel in an intense start-up environment.
The person in this position will become part of the R&D team responsible for the development of the next generation technology at the company. The person will work with design engineers to document designs during the development and transfer to manufacturing phases of projects. Duties will include the preparation of detailed part and assembly drawings, and the preparation of assembly instructions. The ideal candidate will be capable of providing feedback to engineers to help ensure that best practices and standards are followed for the documentation of designs.
- Work with design engineers to prepare accurate and detailed drawings of parts and assemblies prior to release for manufacturing.
- Serve as a communication link between designers and manufacturing vendors and personnel. Assist in taking existing CAD models and getting prototypes made quickly and successfully with maximum functionality.
- Work with design engineers to prepare assembly instructions for technicians to aid in construction of complex assemblies.
- Facilitate communication between designers and technicians regarding intended assembly methods and the pros and cons of these methods in practice. Assist in revising and refining assembly methods to facilitate improved in-house manufacturing and assembly capabilities.
- 2 years minimum experience in mechanical drafting.
- Solidworks CAD and PDM experience.
- Design controls experience.
- A working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Familiarity with drafting standards for machined, sheet metal and tooled components.
- Medical device industry experience is desired.
- Previous experience setting up documentation standards within a company is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to convey design intent and relay information between multiple parties in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with regulations surrounding the manufacturing of medical device parts is a plus.
Notice to recruiting agencies: Theranos, Inc. ('Theranos') does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies, search firms, headhunters, or staffing agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or to any employee, contractor or consultant of Theranos. Any unsolicited resume submitted will be considered property of Theranos, and we will not be obligated to pay any fee associated with such resume.
Our mission is to make actionable health information accessible to people everywhere in the world at the time it matters, enabling early...