This person is responsible for preparing new product design layouts and drawings for parts, weldments, and assemblies per established department procedures and guidelines. This includes some design work and requires monitoring by engineering manager or specialist.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Prepares new product design layout, part, weldment and assembly drawings
2. Makes revisions and corrections to existing drawings
3. Creates bills of materials and parts lists for assembly drawings
4. Assigns part numbers per established guidelines
5. Prepares Change Orders (COs) and distributes per established procedure (under development)
6. Works directly with Engineering Manager or Engineering Specialist to interpret project direction for the development or revision of the product
7. Participates in continuous improvement efforts
8. Communicates with other departments as required for project work
9. Has good communication skills including correct grammar. Has strong organizational skills and is able to work periodically with minimal supervision.
10. Follows all organizational and area/departmental procedures, safety policies and directives as outlined in, but not limited to the Transwest Employee Handbook
11. Occasional overtime and odd hours are required with travel required less than 5%.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (office)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this job are usually performed in an office environment but occasionally, the employee will need to visit the manufacturing area to gather information or evaluate issues. While in the manufacturing area, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particulates. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (office) and occasionally loud (factory).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and 1 year related experience. Equivalent combination of experience and/or training accepted.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Communication and Language skills:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before small groups of coworkers.
3D modeling required (Autodesk Inventor preferred, SolidWorks may be acceptable based on experience), Excel and Word.
As part of our recruitment process, we conduct assessment testing and post-offer full background checks, physical and drug screening.
Transwest - 8 months ago
Austin Nichols Technical Search
Saint Joseph, MO
Austin Nichols Technical Search
- 1 day ago