Operates dragline to excavate raw aggregate material from quarry pits. Maintains mechanical condition of dragline by inspecting and reporting items needing service or repair to maintenance personnel. May service and perform repairs to dragline with maintenance personnel as needed.
Operation Of Dragline:
- Operates dragline powered by diesel/hydraulic and electrical
- Maneuvers dragline in and around the excavating area as safety permits and uses hand-levers and foot-pedals inside cab to operate dragline treads, boom, and cable to excavate material.
- Ensures efficient and safe operation of equipment
- Operates equipment safely, efficiently to limit downtime and minimize costs
- Visually inspects dragline at beginning and end of each shift and as needed
- Reports equipment condition to quarry maintenance personnel
- Complies with all Safety, Health, Environmental and other Company policies, procedures and requirements
- Operates other types of heavy equipment such as front-end loader and/or bulldozer in the pit area to stabilize pit floor prior to excavating materials
- Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Performs routine maintenance such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning
- Performs general repairs to equipment
- Assist maintenance personnel in performing repairs to dragline components
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years operating heavy equipment in an excavating environment
License: Valid drivers license required
Must have sufficient level of education to understand oral and written instructions of a technical nature relating to mobile equipment component repairs and replacements. Must be able to troubleshoot equipment to diagnose problems and minimize downtime for repair and maintenance activities. Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English including reading and writing.