The associate in this position is expected to provide engineering drawings checking of 3-dimensional modeling and drafting using Unigraphics NX. The associate will support changes to existing aircraft design and the creation of new designs in support of the Eclipse 550 very light jet program. The associate must be a self-starter, able to understand the interactions between the different engineering disciplines and able to work in a cooperative, dynamic, team oriented environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examines engineering drawings and models of aircraft parts, assemblies, and installations to detect errors in the design documents.
- Evaluates engineering drawings and 3D models for adherence to company design practices
- Evaluates designs for practicality of the design, drawing clarity, tolerancing, material selection, and producibility
- Confers with design personnel to resolve drawing and design discrepancies
- Participates in producibility improvement and cost reduction initiatives
Associates degree in drafing or releated discipline, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 5 years of industry experience in the drafting of or utilization of engineering drawings
Minimum of 2 years experience using Siemens Unigraphics (UG NX5 or higher) design software or equivalent CAD software
Experienced with ASME Y14.5 geometric dimensioning and tolerance techniques
Experience using Microsoft Office products
Good technical writing skills
Project leadership experience
Minimum of 3 years prior experience as an engineering drawings checker
Experience with Siemens Teamcenter Product Data Management (PDM) software
Eclipse Aerospace - 10 months ago