PRINCIPAL AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND JOB CONTEXT :
1. Class A driver’s license free of specific violations during employment.
2. Assist in the operation of the drill rigs in all soils/bedrock conditions.
3. Assist in preparing field logs and reports of test borings.
4. Assist in surveying test boring locations.
5. Assist in making decisions to maintain the required level of drilling accuracy, reliability, and to increase efficiency and productivity. This includes items such as assembling, disassembling, and cleaning field sampling and testing equipment (such as split spoon samplers, thin wall tubes, core barrels, static cone apparatus, and vane shear apparatus).
6. Perform field density and Proctor density test of soils.
7. Perform field testing of plastic concrete.
8. Perform laboratory testing of bituminous materials.
9. Observe excavations and correlate the observations with soil boring logs.
10. Report test results.
11. Communication with project manager.
12. Perform hand auger borings under the direction of the project manager.
13. Assist laboratory work coordinator in laboratory tests of masonry products, soil and bituminous.
14. Perform laboratory tests and calibrations.
15. Conduct miscellaneous projects involving work procedures, laboratory and equipment.
16. Follow safety procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
1. Ability to frequently lift 30-60 pounds from the floor to 2 feet. Occasionally lift 60-100 pounds from the floor to 2 feet.
2. Ability to frequently carry 30-60 pounds for 10-30 2 feet. Occasionally carry 60-100 pounds for 10-30 feet.
3. Ability to stand/walk with frequent stooping and bending for up to 8 hours.
4. High School Diploma or equivalent.
JOB CONTEXT :
The services provided within the Division are performed to the standards of industry including ASTM, ASIC, and ACI as well as state laws governing professional services. All services will be performed in accordance with AET's QA/QC procedures. The Testing Department Level II Technician will have an instrumental position in developing the expertise and efficiency of the department, including training and service orientation. The objective is to provide high quality services at a fair price, while maintaining costs to provide "plan" margin.
1. Perform soil borings at various field job sites as directed by the engineer- expected to consume 70% of the work day.
2. Complete soil classification and prepare field boring logs - expected to consume 5% of the work day.
3. Perform field testing of plastic concrete, soils or bituminous - expected to consume 15% of the work day.
4. Drill Rig and Laboratory maintenance - can consume up to 10% of the work day.
1. Maintain chargeable productivity of 80%.
2. To become proficient in soils, concrete and masonry.
Proud to be an AA/EEO/Veteran Friendly Employer