Contribute. Grow. Lead…with Oxy Drilling. Looking for a challenge? Want to be part of a world class drilling organization focused on excellence? Desire to achieve your true potential? The global drilling community within Occidental Oil and Gas Corporation is continually pursuing its goal to be the best in the industry at what we do.
We are currently looking for Drilling Engineers, based in Houston, who take professional pride in finding ways to drill faster, safer, smarter and more cost effectively than ever before. Occidental has significant oil and gas operations in many areas of the world, including the Middle East, South America, the Permian Basin, California, the Rocky Mountains, and the Williston Basin. Drilling Engineers are responsible for providing engineering, operations, regulatory and supply chain management support for well work. The work is to be conducted in a safe, legal, and environmentally responsible and effective manner.
Essential Job Duties
Key responsibilities of a Drilling Engineer include:
- Leads the Well Operations Team in developing specific well plans.
- Active participation and documentation of Team meetings.
- Takes an active role in managing working interest partners during the planning and execution phase of the project.
- Identifies and evaluates appropriate offset wells. Leads internal well design reviews and risk assessments for assigned wells.
- Develops well designs, cost estimates and confirms pore pressure/fracture gradient predictions.
- Reviews and approves hazard surveys prior to distribution.
- Writes operational procedures for assigned wells. Documents all well design changes using MOC process.
- Provides technical support on daily operations and is the primary contact for field engineering issues.
- Provides full time engineering support to assigned drilling rig(s). Monitors daily morning report, and facilitates data error corrections and coding. Primary responsibility for well file population and management for assigned wells.
- Provides internal and external benchmarking and end of well reports. Coordinates and communicates end of well reviews. Leads the joint review with the Operations Team.
- Assures assigned wells are properly permitted. Serves as a primary liaison with Governmental Regulatory Offices for assigned wells.
- Evaluates activities against pre-established goals. Makes recommendations based on evaluations.
- Full understanding of, and active participation in, HES Program. Accountable for knowledge of and compliance with all applicable regulations and Company HES training requirements and policies.
- Manages contracts and contractors to continuous improvement via the Contract and Contractor Management Standard.
- Responsible for preparing tenders, analyzing vendor response, and administering assigned contracts.
- Assists with timely procurement of material, equipment and personnel. Reviews and approves invoices for accuracy.
- Provides relief for Drilling Engineering Supervisor and/or Drilling Superintendent during their absence.
- Performs rig site supervision as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in drilling operations
- Risk Management skills, including knowledge of Risk Assessment and Management of Change (MOC)
- Contractor performance management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Written and verbal communication skills
Occidental Petroleum - 24 months ago
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company — one of the largest...