JOB SUMMARY: Drives truck over established route to deliver products to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drives truck to deliver gasses and hard goods to customer's place of business. Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Makes deliveries outside of regular route to provide customers with product. Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Loads truck.
- Collects money from customers, makes change and records transactions on customer receipt.
- Writes customer order and instructions. Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints. Gives feedback to supervisor about customer complaints and requirements.
- Cleans inside of truck. Performs routine maintenance checks on truck.
- Complies with all company policies, safety policies and procedures and DOT requirements.
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to calculate percent.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and record information.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers or associates.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must possess valid CDL class A or B (depending on site-specific equipment requirements) with hazardous material and air brakes endorsements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit while making deliveries; use hands to finger, handle, or feel while making deliveries; reach with hands and arms; talk to or hear customers; and smell leaking gas from cylinders. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...