About Citi Bike:
New York City's bike share system, Citi Bike, is a self-service system, stocked with thousands of bikes at hundreds of stations located throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan. Citi Bike is designed to be convenient, easy-to-use and affordable for New Yorkers and visitors alike, allowing members to pick up a bike close to home or work, ride, and then return it to any station in the system. Less than a year since the program opened, Citi Bike has proven wildly popular for New Yorkers to get around and visitors to explore the City.
Overview of Position:
NYC Bike Share is seeking a driver to help with all aspects of our operations. The Rebalancing Team is required to drive vans and trucks in the NYC area to help maintain optimal number of available bikes and docks for our members. This is a temporary position that will last until approximately early November.
Key Aspects of Position:
• Works alone or with a partner under the guidance of the Bicycle Redistribution Manager.
• Drives a large van or box truck to redistribute bikes as required, based on real-time demand data.
• Addresses and logs bike status, system events and rebalancing data as instructed.
• Evaluates bike conditions at each stop, and escalates issues, as needed.
• Works with Customer Service and Bike Service teams to ensure timely and productive workflows.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be familiar with the 5 boroughs geography/street layout
• Experience driving trucks or large vans in city traffic
• Ability to read maps efficiently
• Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Friendly, patient demeanor
• Able to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers
• An ability to function well as part of a team
• Diligent attention to detail
• Diligent attention to safety
• Valid Driver’s License and acceptable MVR record
• Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Valid CDL a plus