Pitney Bowes seeks a Driver IV (CDL A)
A $5.3 billion company with over 28,000 employees, Pitney Bowes is a leading provider of customer communication technologies. Our software, equipment and services help businesses communicate with their customers more effectively in today's multi-channel environment. Through our unique combination of smarter analytical tools and expertise in physical, digital and hybrid communications, we're helping businesses meet the many challenges of connecting with individual customers in a targeted manner. We also provide strategic outsourcing services to help organizations streamline their mail and print operations and manage critical documents.
This position will sit in our Pitney Bowes Mail Services business unit. This business unit helps customers earn the best possible discounts on First-Class® and Standard® postage with our presort services, doing work the U.S. Post Service would otherwise have to perform. This service spans the globe with international offerings, ranging from mail preparation and fulfillment to courier and freight services.
We are currently seeking a Driver IV at our Bensalem, PA Location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
All interested individuals must apply online. Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Drives a tractor-trailer combination, CDL Level straight truck or van to pick up mail from customers, usually within a 225 mile radius of the Operating Center.
- Examines the mail when it is picked up from the customers by performing basic quality checks for legibility, dates, presort slugs, class of mail and complete addresses.
- Verifies the container counts to the pickup slip provided by the customer.
- Communicates with designated personnel at the Operating center regarding concerns such as missing pickup slips, incorrect container counts, other errors found in the mail, etc.
- Performs daily vehicle inspection per inspection log and maintains the cleanliness of the vehicle assigned. Reports any defective findings to the Supervisor to determine action.
- Maintains a daily driver's log for mileage and cargo.
- Loads and unloads mail from vehicles using proper safety procedures.
- Regular scheduled attendance.
- Responds to cell phone during work hours or emergency situations.
- Assists with processing of the mail when needed or assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a Full Time position.
- Ability to pull/push USPS containers of mail to load and unload vehicles.
- Ability to read a map and understand directions.
- Good communication skills and customer service skills to provide quality service to customers.
- Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of USPS regulations and mailing standards.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished orally or in writing.
- Ability to problem-solve basic problems that may arise.
- Ability to meet and comply with all applicable US Department of Transportation requirements.
- Valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License, with a clear driving record (clear is defined as fewer than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years).
- Valid state 'Class A' Commercial Driver's License.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Driving experience in 2 of the last 3 years in which a tractor-trailer combination was the principal vehicle of use.
- Ability to lift, push and/or carry up to 50 lbs with or without accommodations.
- Regularly sit and/or stand for long periods of time with or without accommodations.
Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location...