The Driver is responsible for transporting and/or aiding in the transporting of individuals to appointments and programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provides transportation services among company programs and mental health and/or mental retardation/intellectual and developmental disability diagnoses offices.
- Assists in developing transportation schedule.
- Transports individuals to appointments.
- Assists individuals in and out of vehicles.
- Follows safety procedures at all times during vehicle operation.
- Performs an established monthly maintenance vehicle check to ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in safe condition.
- Schedules vehicle for routine state inspection and maintenance checks as needed.
- Completes daily mileage log and other required forms accurately and within allotted time frame.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Credentials, and Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of motor vehicles operations and safety.
- Knowledge of geographic area the program serves.
- Knowledge and the ability to utilize good listening skills and comprehend verbal instructions given in English.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles with standard and/or automatic transmissions.
- Ability to perform work punctually with established schedules.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Ability to memorize routes, office locations, and points of collection and delivery.
- Ability to sort and classify materials into different categories according to names, locations, contents, etc.
- Knowledge of basic math.
- Ability to perform light manual work such as lifting and assisting individuals entering or exiting the vehicle.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English.
- Ability to write legibly in English in a clear, concise, and logical manner.
- Ability to speak clearly and express self effectively in English.
Must be at least 18 years of age and 2 years of driving experience.
Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual's and program's needs.
Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
Must be able to drive passenger vans and accompany individuals into the community and provide support and assistance in interactions in the community while maintaining sensitivity to the rights and dignity of the individual.
Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
Key Words: Transportation
Community Services Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer