Drivers serve as a front line position to the broader DC Central Kitchen (DDCK) Community, be it through our work at schools, farm to kitchen programs, partner agencies, or through our catering or contract venues.
Drivers are responsible for all paperwork used to fulfill their assignments ensuring it is filled out and filed properly to maintain compliance with grants, contracts, partnership relations and contract assignments that require signatures for both pick up and delivery. Additionally, they are responsible for ensuring that the foods delivered at the appropriate temperatures, as well as having these temperatures documented through delivery slips and other means.
- Deliver prepared food and pick up food in accordance with assigned routes and agreements with clients.
- Provide appropriate receipts to clients or DC Central Kitchen.
- Arrive at specified stops in accordance with the time and date specifications provided on route sheets and/or action memos.
- Complete any extra pickups and deliveries as assigned by the Fleet Supervisor, Transportation Manager.
- Complete, as needed donor receipts (for food and non-food) at every donation location.
- Complete route sheets with times, mileage, and driver identification information.
- Complete a daily vehicle maintenance report.
- Maintain temperature log of both food received and delivered.
- Obtain the food for assigned deliveries from the designated DCCK Location.
- Ensure that deliveries or pickups are complete by checking appropriate action memos or delivery slips.
- Load food for deliveries into assigned vehicle.
- Unload food at the designated agency location.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Fleet Supervisor or Transportation Manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- The individual must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Positive attitude in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment.
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible.
- Ability to handle stress and perform duties efficiently and in a courteous, tactful, responsible, and timely manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong customer service skills when dealing with staff, and customer/vendors.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to lift (50)lbs., walking, standing, bending for long periods. Moderate physical activity required.
- Desire to be part of a large nonprofit whose mission is to "Combat hunger and creat opportunity".
- High School Diploma, GED and (4-6) years of combined education/work experience.
- 1 year of commercial driving/transit experience.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Must be comfortable in driving trucks (Non-CDL) up to 22 feet in length.
- Have a good sense of direction and understanding of roadways in the greater DC Metro Area,
- Have or be able to obtain ServeSafe certification.
- Maintain commitment to an alcohol and drug free workplace. This position is a "Safety Sensitive" position. Safety Sensitive employees will also be subject ti random drug.alcohol testing.
***** Please attach cover letter and resume together********
DC CENTRAL KITCHEN - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard