POSITION: Route Driver FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
DEPARTMENT: Transportation COMPANY: Freshpoint Central California
REPORTS TO: Steve Buer/Bob McKelvey DATE: 3/22/12
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Delivery of fresh produce and grocery items to our customers. This is a “safety” sensitive position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Employee must pass a road test, background check, pre-employment post offer drug screen and lifting test
- Maintain a valid commercial drivers license class A or B
- Must be able to communicate well with others.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Pass the minimum hiring requirements
- Pass the Professional truck driving course
- Education or experience to fulfill the essential functions and responsibilities with a minimum of 6 months driving experience or equivalent experience.
- Drivers will deliver product into the customer’s facility and unloaded where designated. Product will be verified to invoice and a signature as proof of delivery received. “Dark drop” invoices will be signed by the driver
- Driver is responsible to collect “C.O.D.” payments and will occasionally pick up R.O.A. payments.
- Unloading of product with a “dolly” or lift gate via a ramp from cargo area to customer receiving area
- Must remain in compliance with D.O.T. guidelines for route drivers (i.e. participation in random drug/alcohol testing, DMV driving record pull notice)
- Follow the PWM’s (Preferred Work Methods) for transportation
- Other duties as assigned
- Start times are early (up to 12:00am)
- Must be available 7 days per week
- Work day could be up to 16 hours in length; work week will be up to 80 hrs in 8 days
- Trucks are pre-loaded for drivers prior to their arrival at Freshpoint
- End time is when work is done (route, backhauls, fueling of truck, paperwork, and same day deliveries completed)
- Routes and schedules could change daily/weekly
- Uniform required
1. Amount of each day spent:
Standing 30% Walking 40% Sitting 30% Total 100 %
2. Employee works: Inside 30% Outside 70% Total 100 %
3. While performing the job, employee is required to:
A. Twist/Turn Yes x No Frequently All shift
B. Stoop/Bend Yes x No Frequently All shift
C. Squat Yes x No Frequently All shift
D. Kneel Yes x No Rarely All shift
E. Crawl Yes x No Very Rarely
F. Climb Yes x No Occasionally All shift
G. Step up/Step down Yes x No Frequently All shift
H. Balance Yes x No Frequently All shift
I. Walk Above Ground Yes No x
J. Reach Upward Yes x No Occasionally All shift
K. Reach Forward Yes x No Frequently All shift
L. Wrist Rotation Yes x No Frequently All shift
M. Grasping Yes x No Continuously All shift
N. Pinching Yes x No Occasionally All shift
O. Manipulating Objects Yes x No Frequently All shift
P. Push/Pull £ 21 – 50 lbs. Yes x No Frequently All shift
Q. Push/Pull £ 50 lbs. Yes x No Frequently All shift
4. Lifting Requirements**:
1 - 10 lbs. 11 - 20 lbs. 21 - 35 lbs. 36 - 50 lbs. 51 - 75 lbs. 76 - 100 lbs.
Frequently Frequently Frequently Frequently Occasionally Rarely
5. Carrying Requirements**:
35 lbs. 50 lbs. 100 lbs.
Frequently Frequently Very rarely
** Very Rarely = < 1% Rarely = 1-10% Occasionally = 11-33% Frequently = 34-66% Continually = 67% +
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
Fresh produce is the ingredient for success at FreshPoint. The company is one of the largest foodservice distributors of fresh fruits and...