Driver - responsible for services throughout Dauphin/Cumberland County's
Part-Time position currently available working a varied schedule to meet the needs of the program. Schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, etc.
Position is responsible for ensuring the safe and timely transportation of individuals receiving services from Keystone Autism Services.
- Drive the company van for adults with autism going to and/or from community activities, including, but not limited to, work, social events and any appointments as needed.
- Receive information from individuals supported and staff to schedule necessary pickups and drop offs. (Need to be flexible with scheduling for last minute transportation needs.)
- Plan a schedule to pick up individuals at their designed pick up point in order to get them to a scheduled event on time and to return individuals to their designed drop off point.
- Keep vans in safe working order with regular maintenance via 30 day van check list. Assure that all necessary preventative maintenance is performed on the van in a timely manner.
- Schedule yearly inspections. Keep vans in working order and ready to use on a daily basis. Keep vans clean at all times and vacuum/clean out on a regular basis.
- Follow all traffic and safety laws.
- Notify the appropriate staff immediately of any participant safety concerns or behavioral issues.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid PA driver's license.
- Must have at least 1 year of stable work history.
- Must possess a clean driving record and submit official driving record acquired from PA Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Must have the ability pass Child Abuse clearances and State Police and/or FBI criminal background checks.
- Must have an awareness and understanding of Autism.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Must have the ability to work effectively and efficiently without continuous direct supervision.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with all levels of personnel.
- Must be able to think critically, objectively and logically in day to day work situations.
Keystone Human Services
- 2 years ago - save job