Position Summary: (CDL license required)
Reports to the supervisor, transportation. Operates vehicles for purposes of transporting passengers and maintains vehicle readiness, in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC)
1. Make scheduled or unscheduled trips and adhere to transportation schedule.
2. Maintain trip log to record mileage and point of destination.
3. Operate light trucks, buses and passenger vehicles; transport passengers and packages.
4. Maintain vehicles for routine service; clean vehicles; check fluid levels.
5. Transport students on special trips, social events, and shopping trips.
6. Perform routine vehicle equipment inspection daily, and including lights, brakes, mirrors,steering and other required operating equipment; recommend mechanical repairs as needed.
7. Perform emergency repairs and preventive maintenance of vehicles.
8. Assist with custodial maintenance functions as required.
9. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
10. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
11. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
12. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors,mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
13. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) and one year related experience. Experience with youth. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency also required. General knowledge of maintenance and repair. Valid commercial driver's license (CDL) in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation - 2 years ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...