U nder the direction and supervision of the Transportation Coordinator, the Driver will provide transportation services to all participants and make any deliveries and pickups as needed or assigned.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safe operation of vehicles (includes proper use of wheelchair tie down, use of lift, etc.) while transporting participants from their homes to the Day Health Centers and community appointments.
- Ensure participant and vehicle safety (van maintenance, pre-trip inspections, use of seatbelts, body mechanics, transfer training, and wheelchair safety).
- Provides timely and safe transport of participants, meals and supplies as scheduled or requested (between home and center, and community appointments)
- Supports participant’s care plan as developed by IDT (assist prt. in transport; make observations and report to team)
- Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities)
For immediate consideration please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.onlok.org .
- Two plus years related experience.
- Licensed California Driver with good driving record.
- Ability to operate all vehicles of On Lok, has some mechanical ability and understand the maintenance program for vehicles.
- Flexibility and creativity; gets along well with frail elderly people, and exercises mature judgment.
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
- Familiarity with traffic routes and driving regulations in San Francisco.
- Bilingual ability may be required for specific assignments.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds.
If you would like to hear more about our current openings please call Christina at 888-817-8608. Or submit your resume to email@example.com...