Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
We have a vacancy for a Class A Driver living in the Tucson/Northern Tucson region. This role would require driving a tandem axle truck or van to deliver products to customers in the region. Driving distances will vary from local areas through to 9hr hauls, so you will flexible to do overnight trips 4-5 times per month. With a strong focus on accurately tracking inventory, the successful candidate will have to physically handle and load raw materials and finished product in extreme weather conditions. This role will offer around 40hr, working 4-5 days per week. This small distribution team has a strong, collaborative approach and work closely together to maintain strong client relationships.Job Responsibilities: Safety, Health & Environment
- Alerts management immediately about any safety concerns.
- Reports any injuries/accidents immediately.
- Participates in safety meetings and trainings regularly.
- Full understanding of all vehicle safety procedures.
- Proper use/inspection of harness and fall protection system for loading of the ammonium nitrate prill.
- Ability to safely hook up and unhook all semi-trailers including van and bulk tankers.
Material Handling and Magazine (Storage Facility) Operations
- Awareness of importance of safety procedures and potential consequences if work not completed within regulations.
- Pre-trip and Post-trip inspection of vehicles including checking and filling fluid levels.
- Strong skills in backing large vehicles in any location and ability to maneuver through the plant property in a safe manner.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the inside of Orica vehicles at all times.
- Physically crank down the dollies to ensure the safe disconnect of the trailer.
- Knowledge of proper procedures to load/unload trucks of ammonium nitrate prill at the plant.
- Operate the rollback truck and place portable docks properly at each igloo.
- Ensure each igloo is clean before locking.
Tickets & Necessities
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Commercial Driver’s License Class A with a clean driving record
- Forklift License
- HAZMAT Endorsement with a strong knowledge of DOT compliance
- Ability to pass all background checks and medicals
- 3-4 years driving/transportation experience
- Some experience in warehousing or inventory paperwork
- Experience in transporting dangerous goods, preferred exposure to dealing with explosives
- Fitness to manually load and unload truck
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Proactive attitude towards safety and the ability to comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Good attention to detail and math skills to handle inventory on daily basis.
- Ability to prioritize various projects, ongoing daily tasks, and high priority situations to maximize efficiency.
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
- Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather.
- Lifting up to 60 pounds and carrying 50 pounds or more of product or other materials.
- Pushing/Pulling in working with equipment.
- Other Activities include frequent bending and squatting during preparation for shots