PODS delivery drivers are responsible for delivery and pickup of PODS™ containers to and/or from customer locations. Drivers provide excellent customer service while ensuring an effective and incident-free delivery or pickup of containers. Training will be done out of Franklin, NJ once trained driver will work out of our new Boonton, NJ Warehouse.
- Inspect and clean PODS brand containers to be sure they are in excellent condition for the next customer use
- Repair damaged containers, which may include light carpentry, painting, and other general repairs
- Operate a fork lift
- Coordinate rental paperwork and payment with customers
- Communicate with Storage Center Manager on customer questions and issues
- Drive and operate a truck with a lift mechanism to load and unload PODS brand containers at customer sites
- Maintain clean trucks (no debris inside and outside)
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Carpentry Skills/Workshop experience and Mechanically Inclined is a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class B license from the state of legal residence. Please provide driving history if available.
- Experience operating hydraulic equipment a plus
- Experience with small engine repair a plus
- Possess a Dept. of Transportation (DOT) physical card
- Team player -- willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Analytical -- analyzes and solves difficult delivery problems
- Able to read roadmaps and operate electronic (GPS) equipment
$15 per hour while in training and $16 per hour after training.
Indeed - 18 months ago