Operates a tractor or tractor trailer as assigned. Delivers product, merchandise and/or freight to True Value Members and customers; transport and pick up shipments of freight from True Value Company suppliers and others as may be assigned; transport or pick up trailers. Provides quality customer service to True Value members, customers, associates and suppliers. Operates the tractor or tractor trailer in a safe manner and adheres to all Federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
• Operates a tractor trailer as assigned in a safe, legal and courteous manner to deliver, pick up or transport freight, product, and merchandise.
• Driver will comply with all federal, state, and local laws and company policies.
• Unloads merchandise, product or freight either by hand or with the assistance of a pallet jack, lift gate, or other company supplied equipment.
• Accounts for all high dollar items upon unloading or loading merchandise and reports all discrepancies in accordance to standard operating procedures.
• Picks up freight, product, merchandise from venders and customers.
• Conducts an inventory of all merchandise when offloaded or loaded from the trailer. Verify product quantities at delivery and/or pick up as required by the company.
• Manages the maintenance of records;
• Secures the tractor and trailer against loss or theft of merchandise.
• Conducts a safety check of the tractor and trailer for defects before and after operations. Writes up and turns in maintenance report in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Ability to (fluently) read and write English and accurately count freight.
• Must possess a Class A Commercial Drivers license with Haz Mat endorsement.
• Ability to meet or exceed Department of Transportation and FMCSR requirements.
• Ability to complete the required tasks, paperwork in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Minimum Type and Years of Related Experience Required:
• One year driving experience required if not a graduate of an accredited truck driving school. Six months driving experience with successful completion of an accredited driving school.
• Minimum of 21 years of age.
Important Decisions / Judgments:
• Possess a complete working knowledge and wiliness to comply with all Department of Transportation rules including but not limited to Hours of Service Regulations.
• Must be able and willing to work when needed including weekends and holidays.
• Must be able and willing to remain overnight in a hotel or in a sleeper tractor as needed (up to four nights per week.)
• Must be able and willing to operate a pallet jack, scanner, lift-gates, electrical devices and software as needed in association with job responsibilities.
• Must be able and willing to work in various environmental conditions with work performed mostly outside in hot or cold conditions.
• Must not have more than three moving traffic violations in previous three years.
• Must not have any preventable accidents in previous three years
• Must be able and willing to routinely perform the following physical requirements: Bending, Climbing, Driving, Manually unload cargo as necessary, lifting up to 75 lbs routinely and occasionally pushing more than 100 lbs or exerting heavy force, Pulling, Reaching, Squatting, Standing, Twisting, and Walking.
True Value - 20 months ago
True Value Company is one of the world's largest retailer-owned hardware cooperatives. With about 4,500 independent retailers and an...