Arapahoe House is currently looking for a Drug Monitoring Technician - Part-time to join our Detox Services team.
This part-time position works Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 4:00pm to 8:30pm at our Commerce City facility. The Drug Monitoring Technician provides quality health care to patients by performing both clinical and administrative duties in the detox clinic environment.
- Provides drug testing services by administering and monitoring Urinalysis (UA), Breath Alcohol (BA), Drug patches, hair follicle testing and Antabuse testing with clients.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to be present and observe the clients’ testing processes and practice universal precautions while collecting specimens. (Male clients are observed by Male staff and Female clients are observed by Female staff).
- Completes chain of custody documentation and records and reports results.
- Collects client fees and records services.
- May assist with other administrative tasks when urinalysis or breathalyzer clients are not present.
- Performs computer data entry using electronic health record and Microsoft office product software.
- Operates telephone system to receive incoming messages.
- Collects and distributes mail and messages.
- Performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times, including testing, admissions and discharges.
- Practices OSHA safety standards and disposes of biohazard waste according to OSHA standards.
- Respects and maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to Arapahoe House Code of Ethics as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of six months clerical experience.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Requires the ability to monitor male clients during urinalysis (UA) testing - Male candidates preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to be present and observe the clients’ testing processes and practice universal precautions while collecting specimens.
- The individual is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
- The individual is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and near vision.
Arapahoe House is an equal opportunity employer.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Arapahoe House is a tobacco free environment.
Arapahoe House - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard