Community Educations Centers (CEC), is a leading provider of residential reentry and in-prison community corrections programs. Working over 18 states across the U.S. , we provide a foundation of support to change addictive and criminal behaviors and effectively prepare our residents for community reentry. With programming that encompass assessment, drug and alcohol education, family education services for juvenile and adult populations; we are redefining effective means to reduce recidivism.
As a Part Time Substance Abuse Counselor, you will focus on developing and implementing comprehensive treatment plans for a case load of residents. Accordingly, you will assess and identify issues for each resident and create clear objectives and goals. You will also track and document resident progress in case reports while working to meet all required internal and external standards and policies.
1. Coordinate and delivery care to assigned clients.
a) Observe/Supervise client interactions.
b) Conduct group and individual sessions.
c) Conduct addiction screenings.
d) Maintain and update client records.
e) Work with clients to develop and implement treatment plans.
f) Evaluate progress of client.
2. Participate in all training and supervision activities as provided for CECs' staff.
3. Assess clients aftercare needs, issues, and services.
4. Works as a team member with all treatment staff and ancillary personal to promote consistent and coordinated efforts.
5. Prepare and submit as needed treatment and educational outlines, lectures, and other relevant materials as requested by Supervisor.
Must be experienced in substance abuse counseling and motivated to work in a correctional facility. Degreed or related experience preferred. CAC certification and forensic experience a plus.
- experience conducting initial evaluations, which serve as the basis for diagnosis and treatment.
- familiarity with the treatment planning process and have relevant experience developing desired treatment outcomes/strategies.
- case management skills necessary to implement the treatment plan, consult as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, and assess ongoing treatment planning efficacy.
- demonstrated addictions counseling experience (individual, and group), working within chemical dependency treatment, correctional setting.
- understanding the need and methods for educating others about substance abuse.
- compliance with program documentation requirements.
- compliance with applicable ethical and professional standards of conduct.
- compliance with the security requirements for admission to the institution and obtain the approval of the Warden/Superintendent.
Community Education Centers offers unlimited potential for career growth, a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k). To apply, please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com .
State Correctional Institution, Cambridge Springs, PA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community Education Centers, Inc. - 2 years ago