The staff-level individuals we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, working with senior staff to assess sites across the country, and providing field oversight on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
Specific Job Title: Due Diligence Staff
- Conduct Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Conduct/Direct field investigations activities
- Collect soil, groundwater, and indoor air samples
- Analyze laboratory and engineering data
- Write regulatory and summary reports for senior review
- Represent VERTEX to the client in a professional manner
- Schedule and coordinate subcontractor activities for project
- Prepare and implement Health and Safety Plans for the site where required
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
- Frequent travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required)
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction from Senior managers
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- Experience in the execution of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Phase II Subsurface Investigations, and remediation
- Experience with Property Condition Assessments (PCAs) is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related environmental field
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of one year experience in technical activities directly related to Environmental Assessment activities, including report writing and field investigation
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus.
- Position requires Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZWOPER 40 Hour)
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity
The Vertex Companies, LLC. - 4 months ago