We are seeking an ambitious and dedicated Duty Manager to join our highly motivated team at LEGOLand Discovery Centre/SEA LIFE Aquarium Kansas City Center. The Duty Manager will ensure and facilitate the delivery of world-class guest care by overseeing the smooth and safe running of all guest-facing areas inside the attraction on a daily basis. Delivery of budgeted commercial spends, focusing on cost and quality initiatives.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with excellent communication, negotiation, planning and organisational skills with an outgoing and professional manner.
A background in Operations is essential as is experience in leading a team and cashing up. A team player, you will be computer literate and possess the ability to network consistently and effectively.
You’ll need to be flexible to working hours, have the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and act with flair and initiative.
• Working closely with the Operations Manager and General Manager to create and implement a guest care action plan to achieve the objective of delivering World Class guest care across the attraction in line with Merlin KPI requirements.
• Ensure the highest possible standards of Guest Service, presentation, technical operation and Safety in all internal operational areas of LEGOLAND Discovery Center and SEA LIFE Aquarium-Kansas City Cluster.
• Contribute to establishment / budget planning, suggesting innovative ways in which to improve deployment of resources – including ways of multi-skilling across commercial and guest experience teams.
• Implementing a strategy to enable all members of the team to up-sell effectively therefore increasing secondary spends across the F&B and Photo departments.
• Delivery of budgeted sph and COS associated with commercial areas inside the center
• Ensure that you are a knowledgeable ambassador of and encouraging the team to live and breathe the Merlin Way.
• Takes an active role in devising and implementing Customer Service strategy.
• Delivery of budgeted sph and COS
• Cost control to budget or ringfence as applicable of variable labor associated with the commercial and entertainment functions
• Facilitate and support the delivery of the team briefings.
• Conducting interviews to select the highest quality new team members.
• Working closely with Operations Manager to develop a staff incentive scheme to increase individual motivation, commercial spends and promote teamwork.
• Celebrates successes of team members.
• Trained to cover all aspects of both commercial and guest experience operations.
• Constantly motivating and giving feedback to all front line team on their standards of Guest Service. Act as a mentor and coaches on areas for development.
• Responsible for the management of team, setting objectives, probationary reviews, appraisals and training.
• Ensuring all register errors are kept to a minimum and investigating any discrepancies that occur.
• Overall responsibility for scheduling of assigned core teams to ensure proper coverage and team utilization for the delivery of customer service to our guest.
• Coaches and motivates team throughout the attraction to maximise sales opportunities and ensure secondary spend targets are achieved.
• Leads by example and is the perfect role model for all customer-facing team to follow.
• Adopts an enthusiastic, assertive and passionate approach to Customer Service, and demonstrates the Group and LDC values at every opportunity.
• Actively encourage and support new and innovative ideas from all team members on how to improve the business.
• Is keen to ensure all team members respond positively to change, understand the way forward, and are able to look at all aspects of their areas of resonsibility through the eyes of our Customers
• Pushes responsibility as close to the customer as possible at every opportunity by encouraging front line team members to take responsibility for any situations they are faced with and to constantly use their own intiative.
• Operational delivery of center activities, incl. Birthdays, Educational workshops and outreach programmes in line with Marketing requirements.
• Act as an ambassador for the center when building realtionships with vendors while achieving the best value and quality.
• Work as a duty manager in the center as per the requirements of the business.
• Other tasks as the business requires.
LEGOLAND - 12 months ago
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...