Opening in March 2013, Merlin Entertainments brings you their youngest attraction brand to the heart of New York, with the opening of LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Westchester. With over seven LEGOLAND Discovery Centres already, Westchester will be the forth addition to the USA and a cornerstone on Merlin Entertainments roll out of new sites across the USA, Canada, Europe and Australasia.
You will be responsible for supporting the day to day operations of the attraction including product excellence, customer service, team motivation and managing the systems and procedures required to run this busy attraction. Duties will include:
• To effectively monitor the visitor experience and on-site activity
• To monitor quality standards and procedures including: watching talks, shows and testing rides and communicating regularly with guests
• To ensure all first aid kits are inspected and re-filled weekly and that supplies are ordered.
• To ensure that company standards of Health & Safety are maintained at all times.
• To oversee the daily security of all cash on site and to monitor compliance with the cash handling requirements.
• Ensure the highest possible standards of Guest Service, presentation, technical operation and safety in all operational areas of the attraction.
• Adopts an enthusiastic, assertive and passionate approach to Customer Service, and demonstrates the Group values at every opportunity.
• Overall responsibility for scheduling of assigned core teams to ensure proper coverage and staff utilization for the delivery of customer service to our guest.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this is a great opportunity to combine working with an iconic, global brand and an exciting attraction concept.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with excellent communication, negotiation, planning and organisational skills with an outgoing and professional manner. A background in Operations is essential as is experience in leading a team and cashing up. As a team player you’ll need to be flexible to working hours, have the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and act with flair and initiative.
In return, you can expect a great benefits package including Pension Scheme, Recognition Awards and continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization. As a team player, you will be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Reporting To: Operations Manager
Contract: Full time, permanent, 40 hours per week
Salary: $16 per hour
About Merlin Entertainments
Merlin Entertainments is the leading name for quality family entertainment and the world’s number two visitor attraction operator. We currently have over 90 attractions spread across 21 countries and four continents, and aim to deliver unique and memorable experiences to over 50 million visitors worldwide. In the UK alone, we have a vast portfolio of reputable brands, from LEGOLAND Resort and Thorpe Park, to Madame Tussauds and the EDF Energy London Eye.
LEGOLAND - 2 years ago
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...