We are seeking an experienced Electronics and Instrumentation Supervisor, based in our Aberdeen Office,
We are looking for an experienced E and I Supervisor with a background in Offshore Drilling or a similar offshore experience. You should have the following as a minimum:
- to remotely manage and support our offshore personnel. The role involves supervising and providing management for the maintenance and repair of all electronic equipment and software on our offshore fleet. Duties will include but are not limited to:
Support the electrical team to ensure the safe operation, maintenance, testing and fault finding of electronic systems, controls and equipment onboard Drilling Rigs/Vessels.
- Develop your working knowledge of Drilling Control, Dynamic Positioning, Vessel Control and BOP MUX Systems.
- Develop your working knowledge and provide support of Software Control in relation to Rig Based Control and Automation Systems.
- Ensure familiarity with electronic systems and equipment in order to safely comply with instructions given in emergency situations.
- Ensure that electronic system repair work is carried out in a safe and proper manner and to acceptable standards of quality.
- Ensure that all electronic systems maintenance is carried out in a timely manner and entered into the TAG maintenance database.
- Inform Maintenance Supervisor of all matters affecting DP System reliability / availability.
- Identify and develop the skills of your team
- Collate reports on equipment and system failures from the Chief Electricians/user departments.
- Set schedules to provide proper utilization of equipment and evaluate equipment’s performance.
The following Valid Certificates:
- Previous experience diagnosing and configuring Toshiba/Siemens/ Mitsubishi PLC systems through HMI.
- The ability to diagnose and repair equipment problems using Toshiba/Siemens/ Mitsubishi PLC Systems
- Previous experience working with SCR and VFD drives.
- The ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair problems with Roos Hill/Siemens/ABB drive systems.
- Advanced knowledge of SCADA HMI to diagnose, monitor and repair Fibre-Optic and DP Networks.
- NVQ Electro Technical Services
- Power plants
- Variable Frequency Drive systems.
- Fire & Gas systems
- Shut down systems
- Ex equipment
- COMPEX Certification
ROWAN COMPANIES - 18 months ago
Rowan Companies, Inc. (Rowan) is a provider of international and domestic contract drilling services. Rowan also owns and operates a...