Willbros Engineers-Upstream is looking for multiple Electrical and Instrumentation Designers to join their Tulsa Office.
Under general direction of the Senior Electrical Engineer or Project Manager, plans and develops complex designs involving original concepts, innovative procedures and modification of standards, producing drawings which show the features of that design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The incumbent will be responsible for completing difficult and complex designs and drawings for fabrication and construction. They must make independent decisions on procedures used. The incumbent must be familiar with terminology and practices of the industry and must use them accurately in the preparation of designs and drawings.
- He/she will make maximum use of commercially available design software. He/she must be familiar with the operation of such programs and the limits of acceptable answers produced from those programs.
- Many decisions will be made by the incumbent which will affect the successful completion of their work and the work of others they are directing. The designer will be held accountable for those decisions and how they affect the overall project effort.
- Establishes design objectives for specific projects, performs some calculations and develops innovative and creative designs for various difficult and complex project features.
- Coordinates and directs design activities with designers in other disciplines.
- Interfaces with the Client.
- Reviews vendor drawings, standard details, codes and standards, field data and information provided by project personnel for developing drawings which show details of project features. Complete drawing sets are prepared for a specific item or project feature which will be used for fabrication and construction.
- Provides technical guidance to other drafters/designers within a specific discipline or functional area.
- Reviews drawings prepared by other drafters/designers for accuracy, completeness and compatibility of designs between disciplines.
- Prepare man hour and bid estimates for projects and proposals.
- Interface with Clients and Vendors
- Associates degree in drafting or an engineering discipline.
This position is a full time regular position with a competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Minimum experience required is 15 years or 12 years with an associates degree in drafting or engineering.
- At least 5 years must have been spent at the Designer 2 level (may include time with a previous employer)
- Requires good oral communication skills.
- Good mathematical aptitude for basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
- Able to identify problems and seek solutions from more experienced engineers.
- Drafting courses in high school, college or trade school.
- College level engineering courses or other training in basic engineering principles.
- Proficiency in PC operation, especially in the use of Microstation and AutoCAD.
- Experienced in spreadsheet and word processing.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours, occasionally in excess of a normal 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. schedule.
- Ability to plan and layout drawings without supervision.
- Knowledge of applicable software used in his or her discipline.
- Understands construction techniques, material properties and engineering principles.
- Knowledge of the other discipline requirements
- Understanding of the project initiation, execution and closeout requirements
- Leadership skills
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Willbros is an equal opportunity employer.
Willbros Group, Inc. - 16 months ago