Scholastic, the global children's publishing and media company, is committed to delivering the best online customer experience. Scholastic Book Clubs includes eBusiness/Web capabilities including online store, mobile apps, and mobile web. All of these capabilities rely heavily on technology to bring the online customer experience to life.
We are currently seeking an E-Commerce Creative Director, responsible for managing a team of User Interface Graphic Designers to create the overall user design experience for Scholastic Book Clubs.
This position oversees the e-commerce design, performance and process of the designers to ensure high-quality and timely deliverables. You will be responsible for creating and overseeing the design vision across the Scholastic ecommerce channel. S/He is a leader within the User Experience (UX) team, which is a multi-disciplinary group of interaction designers, visual designers, information architects and writers/editors who collaborate closely with each other and with the larger organization to create compelling, user-friendly customer experience web sites.
This position is an important resource and will answer design questions, facilitate decisions, share opinions and perspectives and suggest new and innovative ideas for the team and other business groups. This includes having a strategic understanding and vision of the short and long-term business, web and user experience needs to effectively manage and direct projects.
- Manage and direct the creative vision for Scholastic’s online e-commerce user experience.
- Create and evolve online design and brand standards for Scholastic, ensuring consistency and predictability to the end user.
- Work with UX team to define user models, grid systems and interfaces for new/updated features and functionality.
- Work with technology teams to uncover and understand technology requirements and capabilities as they relate to content deliverables.
- Minimum 8+ years online user interface experience. Heavy e-Commerce and Mobile App experiene.
- Take initiative in generating ideas and suggestions on design strategy/solutions and other aspects of the user experience.
- Work with internal business stakeholders and functional teams to define product and content requirements that best achieve business goals as identified by key stakeholders.
- Ensure efficiency, design consistency and coordination with system development and production processes.
- Lead and manage vendor relationships including overseeing design processes, day-to-day relationships and related contract, budgeting and planning activities.
- Work with other enterprise departments as needed to ensure the design strategy is effectively implemented across channels.
- Understand business and customer needs and provide design that meets those needs.
- Significant online experience, from complex, transactional website design to banner ad to emails.
- Proven ability to formally present and articulate ideas effectively to internal team members and clients.
- Working knowledge of the end-to-end web production cycle.
- Collaborate effectively with copywriters, information architects, HTML developers and project managers as well as other design creative's and the internal clients.
- 8 + years online user interface design experience creating websites.
- 2 + years experience managing and developing creative's (interaction designers, information architects and/or writers).
- 8+ years experience with eCommerce, interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the end-to-end creative process
- 6 + years experience in a creative leadership role
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations
- Proven leadership, mentoring, and team-building skills
Scholastic - 2 years ago
Once upon a time, a company grew up to become one of the world's leading children's book publishers. Scholastic Corporation sells...