This position works under the direction of the Early Head Start Site Manager, and has responsibility to recruit families and provide home based services to pregnant women and families with children up to three years of age to provide health, development and parenting information.
EEOC CODE: 20
1. Two (2) years’ work experience in an Early Intervention or Early Childhood Home-Visiting program; and
2. Graduation from an accredited College with an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood, or a closely related field.
3. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED)
1. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver's license or secure one as of employment date.
2. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet County standards of insurance coverage upon date of employment.
3. Must be available to work overtime as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Recruits families for participation in the Early Head Start program.
2. Provides leadership in the provision of services within the community.
3. Gathers information on families and children, including special needs children, to include conducting pre-test information.
4. Participates in orientation and pre-service training and other staff development activities.
5. Conducts monthly visits to pregnant women, in their homes, to provide health, development and parenting information; conducts weekly visits to families to provide comprehensive home-based services.
6. Keeps Manager and Family service Specialists abreast of child/family progress and family issues and concerns.
7. Participates in the planning and execution of group parent meetings, encourage parents to participate in parent meetings, other socializations and program activities.
8. Completes and submits required reports, schedules and other documentation as required by the Manager; tracks family health needs and access to preventive care.
9. Attends parent meetings and staff meetings; participates in all program activities and service projects.
10. Complies with policies and procedures of Head Start and Shelby County.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of business English and math.
2. Ability to analyze and solve problems and exercise good judgment.
3. Ability to travel from Head Start Centers & parent residences.
4. Knowledge of case management, methods, practices and strategies.
5. Experience in working with prenatal clients, families, Early Childhood Head Start staff.
6. Leadership abilities.
7. Ability to plan, organize, and maintain an even flow of work.
8. Ability to make oral and written reports and public presentations.
9. Ability to maintain positive relationships with children, staff and others from diverse backgrounds, including children with special needs.
10. Ability to maintain records legible, accurate, up-to-date with information on children and families so that information is researchable and retrieval.
11. Knowledge of Head Start regulations.
1991 Corporate, Room #600, Memphis, Tennessee 38132
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 17 months ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...