WAGE/HR STATUS: Exempt - 12 Month Position
REPORTS TO: Director for Early Childhood Intervention (ECI)
COMPONENT: Early Childhood Intervention
To provide direct physical therapy to children with disabilities ages birth to three and family support services.
Minimum Education /Certification:
Certified as a licensed Physical Therapist
Effective organizational, communication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills.
General knowledge of Child Development.
General knowledge of language and special development and instruction.
One year experience in working with young children.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Provide direct instruction to identified children and families.
2. Provide direct and consultative physical therapy to identified children.
3. Facilitate in screening and assessment of identified children and families.
4. Provided interpretation of assessment data and formulate reports.
5. Assist families with the development, implementation and evaluation of plans.
6. Keep informed of and comply with ECI, ESC, State and Federal policies, procedures and licensure requirements of assignment.
7. Maintain records, reports, and correspondence in an organized filing system.
8. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible and serve as a role model for the region.
9. Ability to develop written or verbal correspondence.
10. Develop skills appropriate to job assignment.
11. Keep updated on pediatric CPR.
12. Maintain confidential information.
13. Provide consultation to ECI staff regarding motor development.
14. Provide supervision of physical therapist assistants as needed.
Various adaptive and assistive devices
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
Ability to instruct.
Maintain emotional control in various environments.
Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data
Frequent in-region and occasional out-of-region travel.
Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
Works with frequent interruptions.
Moderate walking, standing, sitting, lifting, carrying, stopping, bending and reaching.
Region III Education Service Center - 9 months ago