The ECM Application Engineer is responsible for designing, configuring and maintaining the implementation of Peabody’s ECM (electronic content management environment) as it relates to unformatted information. The individual in this role is responsible for ensuring the availability, and integrity of documents and associated data. This involves supporting a standardized, yet flexible architecture based on a suite of products from OpenText that includes Archive Server, Content Server, Doculink for SAP, Enterprise Scan, VIM/Vendor Info Mgmt, EFM/Employee File Management, and eMail Management. The ECM Application Engineer works primarily with business functional areas, Records Management team, Law Department, Information Governance Committee, and Compliance Committee to ensure that documents are available, secure and retained per the corporate data retention policies, while also providing technical assistance to these teams to resolve performance and processing issues.
- Subject matter expert (SME) for all electronic content management technologies supported by Peabody. Including but not limited to OpenText products such as Archive Server, Content Server, Doculink for SAP, Enterprise Scan, VIM/Vendor Info Mgmt, EFM/Employee File Management, and eMail Management.
- Possesses a solid understanding of all data/document management practices for all company information, including both formatted and unformatted data. Active participant in the formation and enforcement of standards and best practices as they relate to the governance of information.
- Interfaces with vendors of all data, document management and collaboration products to understand product functional improvements which can be utilized to enhance the functionality of Peabody’s information and content structures.
- Design and build a stable, yet flexible content management architecture which meets the application and business access needs of the organization.
- Lead migration efforts to ensure that content subject areas are properly identified, documented and migrated to the appropriate content management platform for the document type and that the content is properly available and secured to allow access to the appropriate parties.
- Ensures, through careful design, that document quality and security controls are implemented to ensure the consistency and security of company information.
- Serves as the primary technical consultant on matters related to the underlying content/document management architecture.
- Principal member and participant in the process of evaluating and selecting architectures, technical directions and strategies for items related to content management.
- Provides support to assist business teams and offshore resources resolving issues related to performance of the content management environment.
- Interfaces with offshore resources to implement changes and maintain the availability of the content management environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience required.
- Five or more years of Information Technology experience is required.
- Demonstrated competence in Open Text content management products is highly desirable, including Content Server, Archive Server and E-Mail Monitoring. Experience with Open Text Invoice Capture Center (ICC) and Vendor Invoice Management (VIM) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated competence in the Windows Server platform and running enterprise-scale solutions on a Windows platform is required.
- Demonstrated ability to drive the strategic direction for content management infrastructure solutions at Peabody, including understanding the role of unformatted content within the overall information governance strategy and interfacing with chosen vendors to leverage technology advances to meet Peabody’s changing needs.
- Experience in designing and building data management solutions to be implemented and managed by offshore staff.
- Experience with analyzing performance issues with the content management platform, including query troubleshooting and tuning experience.
- Providing Tier 3 support and guidance to offshore staff 24 by 7.
In a time in which people still get most of their power from coal-fired plants, Peabody Energy is king. The world's largest...